Latest topics
» OH MAH GERD YOUR TAGS ARE MISSING ON THE FORUMS!
Tue Apr 11, 2017 6:53 pm by flarenight

» Why though?
Fri Mar 03, 2017 5:36 pm by lamplight

» Joining the Gents
Sun Nov 13, 2016 12:13 pm by DMT001

» MEN App
Sun Nov 13, 2016 12:11 pm by DMT001

» Members - Request forum access here
Thu Oct 06, 2016 8:54 pm by zorrax

» From Men to SSGS
Thu Jul 14, 2016 9:39 pm by BINGOBANGLEDANGLE

» App for BT only
Wed Jun 22, 2016 4:55 am by TEXZ

» Application for HT
Tue Jun 21, 2016 4:28 pm by Gates

» Application to SSGS or HT
Mon Jun 20, 2016 2:40 am by Kaleef

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Z24A - Application to SSGS

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Z24A - Application to SSGS

Post by Z24A on Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:30 pm

Greetings everyone...

Who recruited you?:  Browenator

Which Game(s) are you interested in taking part in?  World of Tanks

In Game Account(s):  Z24A  (aka Steve)

Previous Clans:  TAW, 102MG, OTHG

Reasons why you left those groups:  Looking for a clan that 'actively' participated in clan wars.

List your Tier 10 vehicles, as well as the damage per battle for each:
T110E5/1425, T110E4/1886, T57/1572, Leopard 1/1297, E100/1676, IS7/1453, T62/1226, BatChat25t/1163 (don't hate on me for this one, only did 16 battles...lol)

If Gates could touch you anywhere, where would you let them touch you:  Depends... Is Gates a girl?!?!?  (just kidding Gates)

Insert an image (not a link) of your WotLabs signature:

If you could be an animal, what would you be and why?:  Killer Whale, good looking and deadly...lol

If Gates calls you in the middle of the night to discuss sexual fantasies, what do you do?:  Tell him to hang on a second while I grab a beer (while praying they aren't about me)...

What makes you want to join our Community?:  Established clan that is organized, trains and participates in clan wars with the goal of my becoming a better player and helping where possible.

Previous Clan Wars experience, and future clan wars activity?:  Participated in clan wars with 102MG and OTHG.  Held land briefly with OTHG.

The clan has to invest into every player that joins, what can you, the player, invest back into the clan?:  I'm an active player and I'm on pretty much every evening.  I follow direction in battle, don't argue with people and I don't do any 'chirping' of other players/teams. (disclaimer - I do like razing my own team mates at times... in fun of course).  I want to become a better player and have fun while doing it... 
Z24A

Back to top Go down

Re: Z24A - Application to SSGS

Post by too374 on Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:32 pm

wow
                               many comic

so sans

wow

too374

Back to top Go down

Post by nbmjhk6 on Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:51 pm

Oh my... that DPG...
nbmjhk6

Back to top Go down

Post by Brazenbullz on Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:55 pm

All that comic sans hurts my eyes.
Brazenbullz

Back to top Go down

Post by Xiald on Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:07 pm

You hurt my eyes...

Your DPG is so low... in 16 battles you only average 1163 damage? Uhm. 

No from me. 

Sorry. I hate saying no. But seriously. 

Gates decides if he wants you in or not.
Xiald

Back to top Go down

Post by kill24 on Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:19 pm

Can we try to be a wee bit nicer?
kill24

Back to top Go down

Post by NordicRose on Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:34 pm

Some people like comic sans font, I have nothing against it personally. Although I do have a preference for Impact font and two of the font's iv acquired ( Chiller and Precocious font ) Verdana is nice as well.

That being said, your application reminds me of the other OTHG forms iv seen in the past few weeks. And because of this I cannot make a good guess either way. 

As much as I hate to say this, gates getting a rolling kick out of your app might just be the only sure way for you to get in.
NordicRose

Back to top Go down

Post by Oculus on Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:59 pm

The reason comic sans isn't used it because it's cliche and like everyone said, it's not very easy to read. If you're ever going to make anything whether it be a document for a company or just an ad, DON'T USE COMIC SANS. It's unprofessional.

Other than that the sheer amount of 10s would be good for SSGS. Not my call though  Very Happy 
Oculus

Back to top Go down

Post by too374 on Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:38 pm

men?

too374

Back to top Go down

Post by NordicRose on Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:05 am

IN light of recent events ( most of the former MAD guys leaving HT after lucky left ) which I warned multiple people of; that it would happen if he ever left for some reason...

I believe I must re-look this application for HT. Only because we are now at sub 90 members, and as a recruiter I find that unacceptable.

Your CW's stats are better than your pub  and TC stats by notable margines, all except CW's WR which can be attributed to poor strategy, weak calling, and...other factors.
I believe that you however might be useful to HT in CW's, especially during long map campaigns.

I am making the formal suggestion that we look into you as a long term investment. And will receive a +1 from me.

For HT.
NordicRose

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMadTankR on Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:39 am

Xiald wrote:You hurt my eyes...

Your DPG is so low... in 16 battles you only average 1163 damage? Uhm. 

No from me. 

Sorry. I hate saying no. But seriously. 

Gates decides if he wants you in or not.
NO just on stats?
Well by stats standards I shouldn't be here either. Good luck with those recruiting tools.
Oh wait....my stats are up since I been here because I learned some things. The harshness and belittling by you is just like XVM assholes in pubs. As a recruiter you must be pissed since someone who is not a recruiter has brought so many prospects only to be stomped on by you based solely on stats, and y'all brought how many?
Oh and his win8 is better than mine...

Last edited by TheMadTankR on Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:51 am; edited 1 time in total
TheMadTankR

Back to top Go down

Post by Skorm666 on Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:50 am

I have to say person with meh stats and willing to learn is 10x better than uni soloing on CW becouse he is so awesome and knows "better" or doesent want the booring valey guard shift
Skorm666

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMadTankR on Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:54 am

Skorm666 wrote:I have to say person with meh stats and willing to learn is 10x better than uni soloing on CW becouse he is so awesome and knows "better" or doesent want the booring valey guard shift
This directed at me?
TheMadTankR

Back to top Go down

Post by Skorm666 on Tue Feb 04, 2014 2:00 am

I was backing you up mate that stats shoudnt be 90% of the app he has the tanks just needs to learn to survive to get thous shots off..maybe he isnt the best at angling his tanks and hiding weak spots? Few hours off tooning up and showing the ropes of thous two for starters can do miracles
Skorm666

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMadTankR on Tue Feb 04, 2014 2:12 am

Ah aha I didn't like the boring valley guarding tongue. Anyway, I think before we put cigars out on someone, we take the time to platoon with them and see if there's a fit and something to work with. Just like you did with me. I have had the pleasure to platoon with Zamboni and hes a good sort and willing and wanting to slay more.
TheMadTankR

Back to top Go down

Post by Pep on Tue Feb 04, 2014 2:23 am

+1 for not being a squeaker but, ......... is all the the OTHG gonna apply here ?
nothing against them personally but, I have yet to see a stellar one yet.

Pep

Back to top Go down

Post by Pep on Tue Feb 04, 2014 2:27 am

btw .. I know my Win8 and WR have dropped .. I was grinding my TD's trying to get the most coveted ones (Foch155, DeathStar, and Waffen) and I was experimenting to see what no platooning, no TC's, all pub matches would do to my stats. They have dropped some but, not terribly so. So from now on, anyone that says something to the effect of "well I play mostly pubs" AND has a lower WR, Win8 etc than I do .. is getting a NO from me right off.

Pep

Back to top Go down

Post by dragon2079 on Tue Feb 04, 2014 2:50 am

Pep wrote:+1 for not being a squeaker but, ......... is all the the OTHG gonna apply here ?
nothing against them personally but, I have yet to see a stellar one yet.

My thoughts exactly....  We are beginning to take quantity over quality....  Didn't Xalid set the base minimum at 1900 WN8?  Lol....

At a minimum SSGS standard should bet set to green overall with a min of 1500 WN8 60 day (1350 WN7) or anyone with 1800+ WN8 (1500+ WN7) 60 day stats.  It just take a yolo derping idiot to maintain a 1500+ WN8 / 1300+ WN7.  So why should we settle for less. 

In addition we should have a set DPG for CW ready tanks with a minimum of 3x T10s w/ adequate DPG.  2k+ DPG for T10 heavies and meds w/ a damage ratio over 1.0 (with an exception of Maus and E100 due to massive HP pools).  And at least 2400+ DPG for T10 TDs (with an exception of the WT E100 needing 2900+ DPG).

Now OP, I would have to say NO for SSGS for these grounds.  Your DPG in your T10s are awful and your win rate is on the decline.  You stats, while overall are almost green (1250 is WN8 green), your 60 day stats don't show much improvements. 

My suggestion would be to go to MEN or HT and work on your stats.  Platoon with better players and learn how to get better.  Work on your stats and in a month or two when you are up to standards get a divisional transfer.

dragon2079

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMadTankR on Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:11 am

ok
TheMadTankR

Back to top Go down

Post by Xiald on Tue Feb 04, 2014 6:55 am

I am willing to platoon with him, but his damage, especially in the batchat, is awful. 16 battles and he can't get over 1160? 

If I want to raise the WN8 requirments, I have to learn to say no to people with lower stats. I didn't say no for stats either, I said no for his dpg. I have crap stats, but maintain my DPG in tier 10s over 2000. What's his excuse? 

I am willing to platoon with him, as he is close to 1300 WN8. If he catches me online, that's it. I am not a rude or mean person. I can make an exception for him, and see how he does with someone that has an idea how this game works. 

So, hit me up in game, Z24A. 

edit: Oh. I see you dropped tags because we said no to your friend. That's adorable. Might have second thoughts about this. If I lose soldiers because I say no to his friend, does this mean I have to say yes to all of you? It's not the end of the world if he goes to another division. You guys won't be separated.
Xiald

Back to top Go down

Post by Gates on Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:33 am

The inherent problem between TankR and Z here, is that I got to platoon with TankR and see first hand that he's better than his WN8 shows. The difference between OTHG and SSGS is that we have to draw a line at where we feel comfortable with taking people, and it tends to lay on statistics as the first part of that line. There are exceptions to every rule, however.
Gates
Admin

http://ssgs.up-your.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Z24A on Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:47 am

edit: Oh. I see you dropped tags because we said no to your friend. That's adorable. Might have second thoughts about this. If I lose soldiers because I say no to his friend, does this mean I have to say yes to all of you? It's not the end of the world if he goes to another division. You guys won't be separated.

Hi Xiald,  I would be happy to platoon up with you, though tonight is my son's birthday and I have plans with him, but if you are around Wednesday, for sure.

I'm not sure what you mean by dropping your tags because we said no to your friend meant.  My computer actually crashed and I've been off line for the last week.  As for leaving OTHG, there were discussions by a number of people who have since applied here regarding the status of our clan and participation amongst members in a number of areas, namely clan wars.  I can discuss further when we platoon if you wish, but the decision for me to leave had been made some time ago.  I just don't want to bash the people here because the majority were very good people...
Z24A

Back to top Go down

Post by Z24A on Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:59 am

On a personal note, I would like to thank MadTankR for your vote of confidence and apologize to those who didn't appreciate the app font selection.  I work for the government and all I see is Arial/Times New all the time and thought I'd use something different for a change.

Xiald, if you are still up to platoon, I will be available at approximately 2000 hours, EST.  Please let me know if this is good for you.

Thanks to all of you for your consideration.
Z24A

Back to top Go down

Post by Xiald on Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:07 am

You've got 10000 battles under your belt. For you to improve your stats, you must listen to constructive criticism and not cry if someone says you've done bad. You need to learn from your mistakes. Like Gates said, exceptions CAN be made. 

Times New Roman is an awesome font, I love it. Courier is also nice. 

If I am not going into CW tonight, I am willing to platoon with you and see how it goes. Depending on your performance, it will determine whether you're getting a +1 from me or not. Please keep in mind "yes" and "+1" are different. So is "-1" and "no".
Xiald

Back to top Go down

Post by Gates on Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:07 am

The font isn't a concern, that's just kids being overly picky.

The fact that you're handling the thread maturely, unlike TankR, is a testament to yourself as a person, because TankR just fucked himself, as we're not a revolving door, and we're not going to play that game.

Get into a platoon with Xiald, listen to her instructions, play your heart out. Like I said, there are exceptions to the rule, and if you can prove first hand that your stats aren't your colors, then we've something much better to use for fitting. However, it can also prove your stats true. Basically, while you're in a platoon with Xiald, treat it like CW, ask her what you should be doing, try to keep your shot for damage rate over 80% in heavy tanks and do 2,000+ damage per battle.
Gates
Admin

http://ssgs.up-your.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top