Latest topics
» Why though?
Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:00 am by lamplight

» OH MAH GERD YOUR TAGS ARE MISSING ON THE FORUMS!
Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:02 am by Gates

» Members - Request forum access here
Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:55 am by tsiakos24

» Joining the Gents
Sun Nov 13, 2016 12:13 pm by DMT001

» MEN App
Sun Nov 13, 2016 12:11 pm by DMT001

» From Men to SSGS
Thu Jul 14, 2016 9:39 pm by BINGOBANGLEDANGLE

» App for BT only
Wed Jun 22, 2016 4:55 am by TEXZ

» Application for HT
Tue Jun 21, 2016 4:28 pm by Gates

» Application to SSGS or HT
Mon Jun 20, 2016 2:40 am by Kaleef

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Application for Mind_emaG

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Application for Mind_emaG

Post by MindemaG on Sun Dec 29, 2013 1:20 pm

Which Division of Gentleman Gaming(Super Secret Gentleman's Squadron, Blue Turret, MEN, or Heavy Turret) are you looking to join?

• MEN or HT: I don't believe I have enough CW ready tanks to contribute to SSGS

Which Game(s) are you interested in taking part in?

• WOT

In Game Account(s):

• Mind_emaG

Previous Clans:

• Reverse Chronological Order

1. CCCP
  2. IRONX
  3. PWNEH

Reasons why you left those groups:

• CCCP: great guys but they had a bad rep, leader created IRONX
  • IRONX: wasn't feeling the clan was heading in the right direction, started recruiting below average players who knew nothing about the basic mechanics of the game.  At this point i also took a 3 month break to finish my last semester of college.
  • PWNEH: Came back from my break and wanted to play with some decent players.  Tried getting into the Petco Family, they told me to join PWNEH which was the bottom tier of Petco and they weren't recognized as one of the family.  Everyone left and I moved on..

What is the favorite tank you've played and why, as well as a run down of your highest tier vehicle:

• By far the entire Chinese heavy line, specifically the WZ.  I also love the 121.

If Gates could touch you anywhere, where would you let them touch you:

• Face,lips, tongue, body, anywhere really  drunken  

If you could be an animal, what would you be and why?:

• peregrine falcon, because they are bad-ass.  Flying around 200mph would be nice.  

• Bengal Tiger.  basically extinct so everyone would be taking me around to all the zoos so I can repopulate with all of the other sexy cats

If Gates calls you in the middle of the night to discuss sexual fantasies, what do you do?:

• SKYPE Wink 

What makes you want to join our Community?:

• Played with some of you guys before, I like the vibe your community has and I believe I would be a good fit for this organization

Previous Clan Wars experience?:

• Called several matches when i was with CCCP & IRONX..  We held land several times, but nothing to brag about..  Pretty much a mixed medley clan battles that had potential with better leadership and empowerment

The clan has to invest into every player that joins, what can you, the player, invest back into the clan?:

• Creativity& innovative ideas
  • Accelerated ROI in terms of my potential to become better, which forces everyone around me to become better as well.  
  • My willingness to help others
  • Sacrifce

MindemaG

Back to top Go down

Re: Application for Mind_emaG

Post by Dan2680 on Sun Dec 29, 2013 1:35 pm

As I was saying to him... the only real downside is his lack of CW tanks... in my opinion if the E100 was his main focus and he picked it up soon going into SSGS shouldn't be a big deal.

Dan2680

Back to top Go down

Post by Xiald on Sun Dec 29, 2013 1:40 pm

Which tier 10s are you close to?
Xiald

Back to top Go down

Post by Oculus on Sun Dec 29, 2013 1:49 pm

Lack of CW viable tanks means SSGS/HT won't accept him. Otherwise the app and stats look fine.
Oculus

Back to top Go down

Post by too374 on Sun Dec 29, 2013 1:55 pm

Men will take him. If your on ts poke me.

too374

Back to top Go down

Post by Gates on Sun Dec 29, 2013 2:02 pm

If he gets his E100 before CW picks up again, the he's good to go for SSGS.
Gates
Admin

http://ssgs.up-your.net

Back to top Go down

Post by dragon2079 on Mon Dec 30, 2013 4:54 am

Urgh...  Chinese tanks.... Get that E100 and Leo 1 ASAP!

Also you need to work on your WR.  Your stats are great but your WR sucks in comparison, especially for your high tier tanks that can flex very nicely.  That's usually down to team work and situational awareness.  A person of your skill level should be mid 50's easily on the 60 day. 

Looking at your TCs, your WR is just horrible.  46.7%....  Granted you have only 105 battles but it shouldn't be that bad.  You should find some half way decent TCs and try to run with those guys.  It's a good way to get used to how CWs are done with following orders and team work.  

Other then that, you seem like a good candidate for SSGS.

dragon2079

Back to top Go down

Post by Gates on Mon Dec 30, 2013 7:00 am

No one cares about WR. Literally no one.
Gates
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dragon2079 on Mon Dec 30, 2013 7:35 am

Gates wrote:No one cares about WR. Literally no one.

WR on its own is useless but in context of other things it can explain things. A player with good stats but a poor WR should throw just as many flags as a shitty player with an amazing WR. 

While a good WR is easily padded, a good player with a crap WR is harder to explain. WN8 is all about how much dmg you can do per game, though miss placed damage isn't always the best. Would you rather someone ignore the fact that a low health enemy tank broke through a flank and allow him to cap out just so he can get an extra 1500 dmg sniping across the map or would you rather the guy go back, kill the capping tank and forgo the extra damage?  Would you rather a member of your CW team to break position to get extra damage and kills for himself at the cost of 2 teammates and ultimately costing the match?

Being a clan wars centered community I would expect you would rather have someone who values helping a team over their personal gains. At the same time you shouldn't be expected to baby sit this such individual. So a combination of both WN (ability to perform in combat) and WR (ability to do things to help the team) should be used

dragon2079

Back to top Go down

Post by Gates on Mon Dec 30, 2013 8:26 am

Except his WN8 stats are good, and the damage that he has in his 121 and 113 are good. Win Rate means nothing, especially to someone who solo pubs.
Gates
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lostdeadman on Mon Dec 30, 2013 9:11 am

dragon2079 wrote:
Gates wrote:No one cares about WR. Literally no one.

WR on its own is useless but in context of other things it can explain things. A player with good stats but a poor WR should throw just as many flags as a shitty player with an amazing WR. 

While a good WR is easily padded, a good player with a crap WR is harder to explain. WN8 is all about how much dmg you can do per game, though miss placed damage isn't always the best. Would you rather someone ignore the fact that a low health enemy tank broke through a flank and allow him to cap out just so he can get an extra 1500 dmg sniping across the map or would you rather the guy go back, kill the capping tank and forgo the extra damage?  Would you rather a member of your CW team to break position to get extra damage and kills for himself at the cost of 2 teammates and ultimately costing the match?

Being a clan wars centered community I would expect you would rather have someone who values helping a team over their personal gains. At the same time you shouldn't be expected to baby sit this such individual. So a combination of both WN (ability to perform in combat) and WR (ability to do things to help the team) should be used

You're leaving out a fairly large chunk of how WN8 works. For example if you're playing two teir 6s tds, lets say the hellcat and the arl v39, and you go into battle with them and get the exact same damage in both battles. If you did 2k damage in the hellcat vs 2k damage in the ARL, you're going to get A LOT more WN8 for the damage done in ARL. To and extent yes it is about damage, unfortunately the tank you're playing and doing that damage in matters a whole bunch more.
Lostdeadman

Back to top Go down

Post by NordicRose on Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:23 am

Dragon, from my perspective someone with high everything but low WR, only means two things.

They arn't looking at the mini map enough and are getting capped out often.
or
They just keep getting the short stick from MM. And is one unlucky SOB.
NordicRose

Back to top Go down

Post by Pep on Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:58 am

been running solo for weeks now trying to grind these 3 T8 TD lines, my WR has gone to shit but, other stats going up so.... not sure I care about WR .. at least not right now.
That said, CCCP players (in general) have hugely bad habits that lead to a lot of losses, I can see some of those habits being tough to break. If this guy had more T10's I would +1 him in a heartbeat.

Pep

Back to top Go down

Post by lamplight on Mon Dec 30, 2013 12:26 pm

Yeah, nobody in their right mind gives two shits about W/R as long as the Wn stats are good.
lamplight

Back to top Go down

Post by Oculus on Mon Dec 30, 2013 12:28 pm

Dragon is just defending his 62% WR with low efficiency Razz
Oculus

Back to top Go down

Post by Gates on Mon Dec 30, 2013 12:59 pm

Dragon's WN8 is fine. Not everyone can be a bronzed god like you, Ocu. >:c
Gates
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WW_Hero on Mon Dec 30, 2013 1:22 pm

My average winrate in pubs Ive seen most of the time is 29% chance to win .-.
WW_Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Lostdeadman on Mon Dec 30, 2013 1:36 pm

Gates wrote:Dragon's WN8 is fine. Not everyone can be a bronzed god like you, Ocu. >:c

Less green more blue/purp plox
Lostdeadman

Back to top Go down

Post by Gates on Mon Dec 30, 2013 1:57 pm

Hate when you're overall blue. >:C
Gates
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RyanayR on Mon Dec 30, 2013 2:46 pm

My win rate in TCs is 44.27%. Safe to say it's a very misleading statistic.

RyanayR

Back to top Go down

Post by Gates on Mon Dec 30, 2013 2:51 pm

Who the fuck TCs are you joining, Ryan?
Gates
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RyanayR on Mon Dec 30, 2013 2:57 pm

Back when I was bad, I ran plenty with my old clan. We won about 25%. I'm trying to forget those times.

RyanayR

Back to top Go down

Post by dragon2079 on Mon Dec 30, 2013 4:24 pm

You're leaving out a fairly large chunk of how WN8 works. For example if you're playing two teir 6s tds, lets say the hellcat and the arl v39, and you go into battle with them and get the exact same damage in both battles. If you did 2k damage in the hellcat vs 2k damage in the ARL, you're going to get A LOT more WN8 for the damage done in ARL. To and extent yes it is about damage, unfortunately the tank you're playing and doing that damage in matters a whole bunch more.

And that's kinda my gripe with WN8.  You can play two tanks just as well, causing the same impact on the outcome of the battle but WN8 will punish you for one tank but reward you for the other.  For instance, averaging 1500 dmg a game in the Hellcat gives you less WN8 then yolo derping in the WZ131 for 500 damage. They still have some work that needs to be done on the weightings of tanks.

Dragon, from my perspective someone with high everything but low WR, only means two things.

They arn't looking at the mini map enough and are getting capped out often.
or
They just keep getting the short stick from MM. And is one unlucky SOB.

The 1st thing is one of my points.  Either they have piss poor situational awareness or they are more concerned about their stats then winning. 

Dragon is just defending his 62% WR with low efficiency Razz

Given the fact that 150 of my 200 battles have been in TCs it isn't that low.   Razz

When I'm not TCing my WN8 is around 2100 and WN7 around 1900.  Though I'm bored as fuck with pubbing and I currently get my kicks out of callings TCs, which hurts my stats even more as I'm more concerned about micro management then fighting.  -.-'

dragon2079

Back to top Go down

Post by Lostdeadman on Mon Dec 30, 2013 4:39 pm

It makes sense if you think about it. There are people that play nothing but extremely OP tanks and have good stats from playing nothing but OP tanks. You can still play those tanks but you have to do EXTREMELY well for it to matter stats wise. It's an op tank you should already be doing fantastic in it. No more free rides to good stats.
Lostdeadman

Back to top Go down

Post by Shaddow_Ghost on Mon Dec 30, 2013 8:33 pm

Gates wrote:Except his WN8 stats are good, and the damage that he has in his 121 and 113 are good. Win Rate means nothing, especially to someone who solo pubs.

This^^^^ so much this...
Shaddow_Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top