Latest topics
» OH MAH GERD YOUR TAGS ARE MISSING ON THE FORUMS!
Tue Apr 11, 2017 6:53 pm by flarenight

» Why though?
Fri Mar 03, 2017 5:36 pm by lamplight

» Joining the Gents
Sun Nov 13, 2016 12:13 pm by DMT001

» MEN App
Sun Nov 13, 2016 12:11 pm by DMT001

» Members - Request forum access here
Thu Oct 06, 2016 8:54 pm by zorrax

» From Men to SSGS
Thu Jul 14, 2016 9:39 pm by BINGOBANGLEDANGLE

» App for BT only
Wed Jun 22, 2016 4:55 am by TEXZ

» Application for HT
Tue Jun 21, 2016 4:28 pm by Gates

» Application to SSGS or HT
Mon Jun 20, 2016 2:40 am by Kaleef

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Flip_TheBird Applying to [HT]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Flip_TheBird Applying to [HT]

Post by Flip_TheBird on Thu Dec 19, 2013 10:45 pm

Which Division of Gentleman Gaming(Super Secret Gentleman's Squadron, Blue Turret, MEN, or Heavy Turret) are you looking to join?

HT

Which Game(s) are you interested in taking part in?

World of Tanks

In Game Account(s):

Flip_TheBird

Previous Clans:

HSF, ROWDY (current)

Reasons why you left those groups:

HSF:  Left with a splinter group to create ROWDY, mostly because the guys from HSF I regularly platooned with were the ones setting up the new clan.
ROWDY:  I feel like their current state of CW has stagnated, and there really isn't much that I can do to help them improve.  We have recruitment rules that aren't followed (we have members WAY below the required WN7 in the clan.  They're good guys, just bad @ pixel tanks).  I really feel like I want to improve and get better at the game, but there aren't many opportunities for self-improvement in my current clan, because I am the one that is helping to improve other players.

What is the favorite tank you've played and why, as well as a run down of your highest tier vehicle:

Favorite:  Type 62.  I am a light tank driver.  I realized that when I first bought the WZ-131, and after I got the Type 62, thats all she wrote.  My stats in some of my light tanks (i feel) do not exactly reflect my current ability in them, simply because there was a significant learning curve to that tank class, and it is my personal opinion that light tanks are nearly useless until their crew can get a decent % on their camo skill so as to remain undetected.

Top Tiers:  E-50M:  My first tier 10.  I played it a lot when I first got it, and didnt really understand how to play at tier 10, my win rate in that tank is terrible as a result.  Our old clan commander in HSF drove the E-50, and I originally learned how to play these behemoth medium tanks from him.  I have since learned that his way of playing them is dead wrong.  The E-50M is a great tank, and I love it to pieces.  It really plays like a fast heavy, and I love the armor boost it has gotten in recent updates.

121:  I thought it was a great tank at first, then I realized how much of a problem the gun depression really was.  It is an awesome brawler, any medium tank that can go toe-to-toe with an IS-7 and out-facehug it is great in my book, but on wide-open maps, it really suffers.  I typically enjoy it the most on close-quarters maps like ruinberg (as an example).  With its crappy accuracy, you really have to get in the face of your opponent, but it can really shine when you get into the tight quarters where all they can aim at is your turret.

If Gates could touch you anywhere, where would you let them touch you:

Probably on the shoulder.  I have a really large personal bubble, and I don't like it to be invaded too much.  Smile

If you could be an animal, what would you be and why?:

I am attaching a picture that pretty much fits me to a T.  I think you'll know the animal when you see it. Razz

If Gates calls you in the middle of the night to discuss sexual fantasies, what do you do?:

I would listen and play along, of course.

What makes you want to join our Community?:

Well, I've always been a fan of BT, and what they do in WoT.  I've noticed these HT guys around as well, and thought they might be a good group of gentlemen to roll with.

Previous Clan Wars experience?:

Both HSF and ROWDY have held land in the past, but I feel as if their clan wars structure of "take whatever tanks we can get when the battle pops" really fails under strong scrutiny, and quite honestly, boils down to a problem with not having enough active members that really take CW seriously.

The clan has to invest into every player that joins, what can you, the player, invest back into the clan?:

Well, all I know that I can offer is a member that is dedicated to improving himself daily.  I am always looking at different ways I could have handled situations in-game and twisted what looked like a disadvantage to my profit.  This is why light tanks really fit my playstyle, because they can be slippery, and they are always where you least expect them -- right behind your TD's Smile
Flip_TheBird

Back to top Go down

Re: Flip_TheBird Applying to [HT]

Post by Oculus on Fri Dec 20, 2013 12:45 am

That's a great app. Stats are good too. Main issue I see HT having with you is the fact that both of your 10s are very rarely used (if at all) in CW.
Oculus

Back to top Go down

Post by dragon2079 on Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:21 am

+1 for talking with you on TS.
+1 for your amazing app.
+1 for the epic pic
+1 for good stats

-1 for the lack of CW T10s.  What lines are you grinding?  If you like scouting/LT play then I'd defiantly suggest you get a BatChat and Leo 1.  And when you get them come to SSGS. =P

dragon2079

Back to top Go down

Post by NordicRose on Fri Dec 20, 2013 9:02 am

+1 for enthusiasm
-1 for still being in ROWDY
+1 for actively pursuing information on TS
-2 for the "odds n ends" tier X tanks.
+1 for wanting to improve.
With matty coming back here shortly we'll have two places available, so I would need to do an inactive sweep for players for space.
I do however want to follow in BT's line with this and do it after the holidays. ( and by that I don't mean new years, since it's the same shit with a different number. )
NordicRose

Back to top Go down

Post by Flip_TheBird on Fri Dec 20, 2013 9:25 am

Well, i just left ROWDY.

Not sure if that removes the -1 for that or not.  I had to talk to at least _one_ of the other Dep Comm's before leaving, didn't want to leave them high and dry.  None of them were online last night or this would have happened before i app'ed.
Flip_TheBird

Back to top Go down

Post by lamplight on Fri Dec 20, 2013 11:42 am

I like you. Hop on TS and we'll see if we have a spot for you.
lamplight

Back to top Go down

Post by Flip_TheBird on Fri Dec 20, 2013 12:33 pm

lamplight wrote:I like you. Hop on TS and we'll see if we have a spot for you.
Okay.  I've got a conference call that I have to attend here for the next couple of hours, but I'll be back on TS afterwards.  I was on earlier though, in the solo grinding channels.

Trying to get the AMX 50 120 with this current x2 weekend Smile
Flip_TheBird

Back to top Go down

Post by tombell on Fri Dec 20, 2013 12:42 pm

Are we on the forums while at work??? I would never do such a thing.

tombell

Back to top Go down

Post by Flip_TheBird on Fri Dec 20, 2013 12:52 pm

tombell wrote:Are we on the forums while at work??? I would never do such a thing.
I work from home, and my hours are sporadic.

One of the benefits of being a computer programmer, I suppose. Smile

If I'm working, I very rarely will be on TS or in-game.  Sometimes I'll check the forums though while I'm testing my code.
Flip_TheBird

Back to top Go down

Post by tombell on Fri Dec 20, 2013 12:58 pm

I'm kidding. I'm at work now it's one of the advantages of being a boss.

tombell

Back to top Go down

Post by Flip_TheBird on Fri Dec 20, 2013 3:42 pm

I'm in TS now.  Prolly gonna be hanging out here for the next hour or so.  My wife is sick so my availability tonight will heavily revolve around what time she falls asleep.  lol
Flip_TheBird

Back to top Go down

Post by JoeyDominick on Fri Dec 20, 2013 3:59 pm

YOu might be able to catch Lethal on, though me and lamp probably wont be on till around 7-8 CSTish
JoeyDominick

Back to top Go down

Post by Gates on Fri Dec 20, 2013 5:32 pm

lamplight wrote:I like you.

Run.
Gates
Admin

http://ssgs.up-your.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Celtics23 on Fri Dec 20, 2013 5:58 pm

Gates wrote:
lamplight wrote:I like you.

Run.
 lol!
Celtics23

http://highvoltagewot.enjin.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by lamplight on Fri Dec 20, 2013 7:18 pm

Too late.
lamplight

Back to top Go down

Post by Lethal-Force on Fri Dec 20, 2013 7:45 pm

I platooned with him for a while last night.

Seems like a really cool guy we had a few good laughs but I still want to platoon with him more and get a full understanding of his skill/play style.
Lethal-Force

Location : Asheville, NC (When you mix hippies with red necks, along with everything under the sun, you get Asheville)

Back to top Go down

Post by JoeyDominick on Sat Dec 21, 2013 4:53 am

On his own, hes a meh skilled player. Has a tendency to do some wtf things, and overextends due to his LT playstyle. When working together, he seems to feed off the energy of his platoon mates and really shines. Overall, a decent player. With some guidance, he could be a good medium driver. Accepted.
JoeyDominick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top