Latest topics
» OH MAH GERD YOUR TAGS ARE MISSING ON THE FORUMS!
Tue Apr 11, 2017 6:53 pm by flarenight

» Why though?
Fri Mar 03, 2017 5:36 pm by lamplight

» Joining the Gents
Sun Nov 13, 2016 12:13 pm by DMT001

» MEN App
Sun Nov 13, 2016 12:11 pm by DMT001

» Members - Request forum access here
Thu Oct 06, 2016 8:54 pm by zorrax

» From Men to SSGS
Thu Jul 14, 2016 9:39 pm by BINGOBANGLEDANGLE

» App for BT only
Wed Jun 22, 2016 4:55 am by TEXZ

» Application for HT
Tue Jun 21, 2016 4:28 pm by Gates

» Application to SSGS or HT
Mon Jun 20, 2016 2:40 am by Kaleef

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Heavy Turret: Let's Roll!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Heavy Turret: Let's Roll!

Post by misterguderian on Sun Nov 24, 2013 11:15 pm

Which Division of Gentleman Gaming(Super Secret Gentleman's Squadron, Blue Turret, MEN, or Heavy Turret) are you looking to join?

HT ad brought me here because it sounded perfect for me but I'm happy to go with whichever sub-clan I best fit into at the moment.

Which Game(s) are you interested in taking part in?

World of Tanks

In Game Account(s):

misterguderian

Previous Clans:

The Think Tank

Reasons why you left those groups:

I'm still with them: they are a really nice bunch of guys who I like playing with but they play strictly casual/fun. I want to improve, learn and win. They've helped my development but do not offer the training opportunities I want. A former member of The Think Tank moved on to Tesla clan and, when I suggested we find out from him how they train and emulate it, I got a forcefully negative reaction. I want to be with people who want to get better and look for ways to uplevel our games.

What is the favorite tank you've played and why, as well as a run down of your highest tier vehicle:

The IS is by far my favourite. It packs a big punch but isn't too slow and has decent HP and armor. Also I am a thinky player and the IS lets me change tactics if I see an opportunity while still being a big killer.

IS-3 is my highest tier vehicle, have most but not all of the upgrades. I have a VK 30.02 D about to go to tier VIII as well (Indien-Panzer). Couple other Tier VII's I'm working on too.

If Gates could touch you anywhere, where would you let them touch you:

Gates is a plurality of people?

If you could be an animal, what would you be and why?:

Great white shark: While I'm a nice friendly guy, I'm always working, moving and agitating. Trying to get the "kill".

If Gates calls you in the middle of the night to discuss sexual fantasies, what do you do?:

Forward the call to a 976 number.

What makes you want to join our Community?:

The HT ad just sounded like exactly the kind of clan I want to be part of: lots of training and growth opportunities, land owning, nice guys who take the game seriously. I know they require a tier 10 but I'm hoping my interest, openness to pay dues - happy to be a training dummy, don't need to roll in real CW battles until I'm deemed worthy - and clear growth/improvement in the short time I've taken it seriously help me find a place in HT or one of the subs.

Previous Clan Wars experience?:

The Think Tank plays in the second world. We try and make a landing every night but never succeed. We aren't terrible but can't string together enough wins in a row to make the landing work. I've played a couple dozen battles at this point with them, I just joined in the last month. I just got active and serious about WoT recently, before that I was just playing to do something with my son who was more into it, driving around like a jackass without thinking or caring.

The clan has to invest into every player that joins, what can you, the player, invest back into the clan?:

I'm happy to train hard and be active most nights with the team. I take the initiative and spend time to be helpful and valuable to the clan. For example, with my current clan, one of the callers knew what he wanted in a strat but was not familiar enough with all the tier VI vehicles to let people know if their vehicles would support the strat or not. By the next night I had created a spreadsheet in Google Docs with all of the stats on every tier VI vehicle column sortable (33 columns, about 1,000 cells of hand-entered information). The moral is I want to help my clan win whatever the task is.

misterguderian

Back to top Go down

Re: Heavy Turret: Let's Roll!

Post by xTHESHAQTUSx on Sun Nov 24, 2013 11:44 pm

Good app, love the willingness to learn and work hard.  Would be a good addition to the GentCo community.  I know HT is only accepting players with CW ready tanks now, but I think you should focus first on learning the game mechanics more and bring your stats up anyway (especially since you're still kind of new to the game).  What tier 7 lines are you working on at the moment?
xTHESHAQTUSx

Back to top Go down

Post by misterguderian on Sun Nov 24, 2013 11:56 pm

Thanks, yeah really want to get better!

I own the VK 30.02 D as well as the AMX 13 75. I've unlocked the KV-3 but hated the T-150 until it both got fully upgraded and I figured out how to use it so not sure if I'm up for grinding another underpowered tub of armor. Getting close-ish to a Tiger I as well.

misterguderian

Back to top Go down

Post by xTHESHAQTUSx on Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:17 am

Hmm, those are a few tough grinds.  Yeah I would try and find a lower tier tanks that you thoroughly enjoy and push to get your damage per game numbers up before trying to push to far ahead into higher tiers where the margin of error is smaller.  Also, I don't know how much you like the lines you're working on, but I would also find a line that you would have fun playing, as this will make the grinds much less painful and help you play better as you have a better time playing the game.
xTHESHAQTUSx

Back to top Go down

Post by JoeyDominick on Mon Nov 25, 2013 1:56 am

The motivation and willingness to do anything possible to better yourself is awesome. HT requires 2 tier 10 Clan Wars viable tanks, so we could put you in SSGS2 until you "come of age." You will still be able to platoon with and learn from all the HT, BT, and SSGS members, we could include you in our training rooms so you can understand the strategy and thinking required, and generally immerse yourself in the Clan wars atmosphere of multiple top clans, you just wont actually have any Clan Wars. Interested?
JoeyDominick

Back to top Go down

Post by misterguderian on Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:36 am

Yes, I am interested as long as there would be regular and active training that I can participate in. So I just need to leave my current clan and wait for the cooldown, yes?

misterguderian

Back to top Go down

Post by Xiald on Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:27 am

I am sure the main divisions can take you in for training.
Xiald

Back to top Go down

Post by misterguderian on Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:21 am

Cool.

What is the relationship between the SSGS and BT? I understand the relationship between BT and HT. What are "Men"?

Tried poking around a bit but not really sure what the differences are, etc.

misterguderian

Back to top Go down

Post by Xiald on Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:24 am

SSGS and BT are sister clans, awhile ago SSGS took BT under its wing. 

MEN is the subclan of SSGS just like HT is the subclan of BT.
Xiald

Back to top Go down

Post by DarrikVkir on Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:43 am

MEN was a subclan - it's pretty much inactive now as we merged it into SSGS and HT.

SSGS2 is the subclan of SSGS - at the moment, all our non-CW ready people for the whole community are going there until they are ready for CW, at which time they can move to a CW ready clan.

I miss 1stcav.net - it's signature was cooler.

DarrikVkir

Back to top Go down

Post by misterguderian on Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:04 pm

Thanks for the explanations.

I will drop out of my current clan now and let you know when cooldown is over.

misterguderian

Back to top Go down

Post by misterguderian on Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:43 pm

xTHESHAQTUSx wrote:Hmm, those are a few tough grinds.  Yeah I would try and find a lower tier tanks that you thoroughly enjoy and push to get your damage per game numbers up before trying to push to far ahead into higher tiers where the margin of error is smaller.  Also, I don't know how much you like the lines you're working on, but I would also find a line that you would have fun playing, as this will make the grinds much less painful and help you play better as you have a better time playing the game.
Maybe you can suggest some other lines that would be good?

- I love the IS line
- I had great fun with the ELC AMX (but hated the AM 12t)
- Definitely enjoy playing my VK D but frequently feel underpowered and have a hard time getting the kind of scores I get with the IS

I'm on the Tier IV grind to work up to a Hellcat and a Cromwell. I'm loving the Tier IV U.S. tank that I'm on right now going to the Hellcat - nimble and packs a punch - but really dislike the Covenantor on the English line: the little pea shooter struggles to pen.

I guess I really like big guns and decent-to-fast speed. Strong armor is optional. I like to stay moving, play peek-a-boo. Didn't like TD's but quit those (I was pretty deep into my grind on the JagdPanther to the JPII or Ferdy) before quitting because I really wasn't having fun.

Part of it is the different between clan play and pub matches. In clan play I'm an extremely disciplined player: I follow orders, serve my role and really focus on the task at hand. In pub matches, I will often not be paying attention or just be bored and roll into a bad position. Rather than sniping with the JP I was rolling forward into positions that a heavy or supporting medium tank should be in. That's just bad play, of course, but in pub matches it would be best to have vehicles that support my method of play, which is to quickly get to the front lines, engage, re-assess the situation, and either redeploy elsewhere or battle it out.

I've got a pretty good crew on my T-150 that, if I don't do the KV-3, I could put into a new line and spend gold to grind up while building their skills.

Thought on good tank lines for me given all of that?

misterguderian

Back to top Go down

Post by DarrikVkir on Mon Nov 25, 2013 1:11 pm

The VK (and the Indi) are sniper flankers - you don't have an amazing amount of alpha, but you've got a great reload and are very fast to aim in... so sneaking a peek from a direction the enemy isn't expecting and getting a shot or two in works (although sniping will often get you more damage).  The Indi is a much better tank than the VK for its tier, although it does get tier 10 matches a lot, which can suck.

The hellcat and it's predecessors are all good tanks for your style of play.  They are fast, can get into surprise positions, and can get back out, very maneuverable and good at peeking hills.  Similar play style to the Indi and VK, actually, except the TDs are even better at staying unlit while unloading into an enemy tank.  The line after the hellcat, however, stop relying on speed and switch to armor and/or alpha, but they do have turrets, so are better at peeking then most TDs.

The french light/medium line is the best surprise flank line in the game.  The clips provide the burst damage to take down a tank you catch by surprise, and their speed lets you evac out afterwards.  It's very easy to get too far forward and get into trouble (dying immediately), which is why it's one of the more difficult lines to play.

The IS is the last angled armor tank of that line, IS-3 and IS-7 are both straight armor tanks... they bounce things most effectively if you aren't angled.  IS-8 isn't really armored at all for its tier.  So not really any more peeking with those... either you go fully around a corner and stay there, or you don't show yourself at all Smile

The US heavy line have decent speed and some of the best guns for their tiers.  They are excellent peekers and can hull down on a lot of Russian tanks so you can stack up with that idiot in front of you and use him for armor.

US medium line, again, decent speed and great guns.  Outside of the T20, they can't keep up with other mediums, but they are the best brawlers of all the mediums with their DPM and maneuverability, although the UK line gives them a run.

DarrikVkir

Back to top Go down

Post by misterguderian on Mon Nov 25, 2013 2:46 pm

Thanks, this is an excellent overview. It sounds like I'm on the right track in terms of tanks and styles for the most part, but should consider U.S. mediums and heavies as well.

Is there a Tier X tank in particular that I should be going for, one that plays like the first IS?

misterguderian

Back to top Go down

Post by DarrikVkir on Mon Nov 25, 2013 3:10 pm

It's been a very long time since I played the IS, so my memory is a bit fuzzy.  but the closest to the play style, I'd say, is the chinese heavy.  It's not really used in CW, though.  There are other tanks that fit the same roles better (autoloaders as flankers, mediums or IS-7 as mobility, etc).

DarrikVkir

Back to top Go down

Post by lamplight on Mon Nov 25, 2013 3:18 pm

I'd probably say either the T110E5 or the IS-7 would be the closest counterparts per the tier.
lamplight

Back to top Go down

Post by misterguderian on Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:54 pm

Thanks for the advice.

My cooldown is over, can I get an invite to SSGS2? I'm misterguderian. Thanks.

misterguderian

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top